International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW) provides a focal point for infection preventionists, healthcare professionals, consumers, organizations, and industry partners to shine a light on infection prevention and its power to save lives. Momentum begins in late August and culminates with daily activities during IIPW,
Imagine 14,000 infection preventionists advocating for infection prevention in their facilities and local communities. Then multiply their voices with those of other healthcare professionals and informed consumers—that’s the infection prevention movement.
Celebrate IIPW by learning and participating:
- Read about the history of IIPW.
- Learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- Jump start your IIPW activities with online tools and resources.
- Become a supporter. Hear why the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) supports IIPW.
- “Like” IIPW on Facebook and spread the word that infection prevention is everyone’s business
The 2013 International Infection Prevention Week will take place October 20-26, 2013.