Home > Infection Prevention & You
Infection Prevention & You
|Patients and family members are a critical part of the healthcare team. You play an important role in preventing infection and staying safe when you visit a healthcare facility. Learn more about how to take an active role in your care. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and “like” the International Infection Prevention Week Facebook pagefor infection prevention tips, videos, news, and updates. Always keep in mind these three simple steps to safeguard you or a loved one from infection:
Keep you and your loved ones safe in these situations:
- In the hospital: Prevent infections by knowing the right questions to ask. Learn more.
- When visiting a hospital patient: Be a good visitor and a patient advocate to protect loved ones from infection. Learn more.
- In an outpatient or ambulatory clinic: Whether you are having surgery or another procedure or treatment, ask questions to stay safe. Learn more.
- In a nursing home: Residents of long-term care facilities are at increased risk of developing an infection. Learn how to protect your love ones. Learn more.
- At home: Home health providers are concerned about your health and safety. Play an active role when receiving care in your home. Learn more.
Photo credit: Cade Martin